Monday, October 6, 2008

We are So. Cal Residents again!

Well, Tuesday the first of Oct. we set off on our 20 hour drive to Lancaster. We stayed at my parents house Monday night and left Tuesday morning around 7:45 AM. Logan fell asleep for the first 2 hours and awoke screaming! I had purchased a portable DVD player so that I could play his baby einstein movies. He enjoyed watching them for the first run, however, he became tired of them very quickly. Needless to say, we had to stop about every 2 hours there after due to Logan screaming to the point of choking! On our first night, we stopped in a little city called Minnemucca, NV. After 12 hours of driving (and screaming Logan) I was more than ready to call it a night, however, Logan was ready to crawl around the hotel room. I just let him do it and about 2 hours later he was asleep... and so were Donald and I.
Wednesday morning we left at around 8 AM and found out that the DVD player that I bought was broken. As in the screen would go black and fumes would come from the player. Logan fell asleep once we hit the road. Again Logan woke up 2 hours later. We decided to place Logans carseat in the moving truck with Donald. We figured that he wanted to see someone next to him and that placing him next to Donald might allow us to catch up to the time we had lost the previous day. And it worked! He would stay asleep for Donald for a 3 hour timeframe and we finally arrived in Lancaster by 7PM.
It's great to be back in California! But we will miss our family and friends in the Tri-Cities!

2 comments:

Cecily said...

I can't believe the DVD player started smoking! Scary! I'm glad to hear you made it safely to California...even with a screaming baby. I bet you're SO glad the drive is over.

Christine said...

Cute Baby! I can't believe you're back in California! In what town are you living?