Friday, May 6, 2011

April Festivities!




The start of April began with my family coming down to visit for spring break. {April 4-11} I love my family and it's hard when they are so far away, so seeing them for spring break was the best. On the first day they were here, Logan and I drove down to see them and carpool the whole gang. It was actually nice this visit because my sister Kelli and brother Jordan who also live here in California were also able to join in on the fun. The gang drove to Thousand Oaks. Us girls {plus Logan} went to Chipole for lunch while the boys went to Baja Fresh. Then while the boys finished eating, us girls went shoe shopping. We all met up and hung out with some old friends, The Bowles and their house. We sat around and ate chocolate covered strawberries, brownies, talked, and then headed out again to eat some more at Toppers Pizza. When we were done eating, Ann told us about this candy store, so of course we headed over there. Rocket Fizz is the name and they carry all sorts of candy and soda drinks! It's close to sugar heaven. We eventually got a hotel in T.O. and finally let the sugar high wear off. The next morning, we drove to my grandparents house in Victorville. We were able to catch up and hang out some more. We had dinner and then crashed for the night. The next day, we drove to San Diego to visit with some more family. Sadly, Jordan had to leave because of work, so he could not come. When we got to San Diego, we checked into our hotel, drove over to my aunt Liseija and uncle Rich's house and then packed their 9 kids and ourselves into the car and drove one block away to the Souplantation for dinner. It seemed like a mad house with so many kids, but Logan loved playing with his "cousins". The next day, we drove to Old Town San Diego and visited the Museum of Making Music & the Mormon Battalion Historic site in San Diego. The museum was very small, but cute for the kids. There were a lot of different instruments that they were also able to play. I had not been to the Mormon Battalion site in quite some time and the last visit was pretty "bare", so I was a little weary on how this time would go. It was amazing! They completely renovated the entire site so that it was more interactive. Logan and all of the little kids loved it. I loved it! Sadly, we had to leave. So we said our goodbyes and headed back to my house. My dad swung by and picked up Jordan while my mother, sister Kara, Logan and I made a quick stop at Krispy Kreme donuts on the way home. The next morning, the boys {Donald, my dad, brother Jordan, and my dad's friend, Jerry} went golfing. The rest of us went to the guitar center. This was more for my brother Blake. Again we separated for lunch, the boys went to Hawaiian BBQ while us girls plus Logan went to Panera Bread. We again went to Guitar Center and then met up at the local golf and stuff, Mulligans. Kara, Jordan, Blake, Donald, Logan and I went on the go-karts. Logan was tall enough, so he rode shot-gun with me. He LOVED it! At first he was afraid of me going to fast, but once he saw that we were racing, he became ecstatic! Afterwards, my dad had to drive my brother back home for work, so the rest of us, including my uncle Jaren and his wife Becka, came over for pizza. We watched the movie, Waiting for Superman, which was a really good movie. The following day, Kara, Logan, Donald and myself went to sacrament meeting and then came home to help everyone pack. We then loaded up the cars and went back to my grandparents house. We again had food, played some games and then took some pictures. By the end of the night, it was time for Logan, Donald, and myself to be headed home. Logan was not a happy camper. He did not want to leave. He kept saying, "I don't want them to go back to Washington". This of course made my mother cry, my sister Kara, and myself tear up. The following day, they hopped on a plane and went back to Washington. I enjoyed every minute of my family coming to visit. I miss them dearly and we are counting down the days until we see them again!

2 comments:

Cecily said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I also LOVE Panera Bread. I haven't been there since we lived in Virginia. Yum!

Jake & Rachel said...

I think it's hilarious that the girls went to chipotle and the boys to baja! I would have made it worse by choosing rubios. Sounds like a fun family vacation!