Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cousins come to visit!

Last night, on our way home from the Dodger game, Donald's sister {Megan} asked if I could watch her kids the next morning. She needed to head to San Bernadino to take a class for work. I said sure. I had completely forgotten that it would be a Saturday and I would have all four kids! Logan LOVES playing with his cousin "RO-RO" {Rosalie}. So Saturday morning, bright and early at 6am, I woke up... they showed up around 6:30am. Luckily, Logan stayed asleep until almost 8am which allowed everyone to stay quiet and calm... but that did not last long with 5 kids! ☺ The first thing I did was let them take a bath. {Especially since today was going to be a hot one and who doesn't like sitting in a pool of water?} Logan, Rosalie, and Lilly took one together and Rex and Kohen shared their bath time. I let both groups stay in until the water started to get cold. Then they all got out, got dressed, brushed/flossed their teeth and played in our playroom. They destroyed that playroom! After awhile of playing, we decided to color. I let them each have 2 blank sheets of paper {our printer is out of ink so I couldn't print anything out.} and let them use their imaginations. After coloring was a snack and more playing in the playroom. It was still pretty cool in our house so things were looking good. {When I had woken up this morning, the thermostat said it was 80 degrees! I quickly turned on our swamp cooler to get it down to 76.} Then we {I} used our noggins again and created a fort. Actually, 2 of them. The kids loved it but it started to get warm again. ☺ Finally, it was time for lunch and what else do 4 kids want on a hot summer day to eat..... chicken noodle soup! NO JOKE! So, I made the soup, got the cold drinks out and gave them crackers for their soups. I was going to feed Lilly some baby food, but by the time I got to her, she had fallen asleep. She was worn out! When lunch was over, the kids sat around and either played more calmly in the playroom or watched Shrek 3. By 2pm, Donald returned home from work and brought some play-dough, and the coloring pages that I had emailed him. The kids were very excited. Needless to say, they sat at the table for almost an hour and a half playing with that play-dough! Around 3:30pm, we received a knock on the door... it was Megan! She had told me she would not be home until 6pm, so we still had plenty for the kids to do & I was planning on taking them to the park to tire them out. Little Rex was a little sad that his mom had arrived early, but I gave him all the craft stuff {paper, instruction, etc.} to take home and do with his mom. He was quite happy with that response. They packed into their car and drove off. Logan came in & told me he wanted to go "nite-nite" so he then layed on the couch & fell asleep watching TV. It was great having the kids here and Logan playing with them.

1 comment:

Christine said...

What a good Mommy your ARE!!!!