Friday, January 2, 2009

... To Grandmothers House We Go...

Since my parents still live in Washington State, they deceided to send some presents down to my grandparents house so that we would be able to open them for Christmas Eve. Unfortunately, due the crazy and cold weather, they didn't make it in time. So when the presents finally arrived to my grandparents home, my sister, brother and I deceided to make the drive over to pick up the gifts (and visit with my grandparents, of course!). But on the way down, my brother called me and said that his work had called him in and that he wouldn't be able to make it. My sister later called after I had already arrived and said that she was still stuck in traffic. Logan and I opened our presents and then hung out with my cousins who were also visiting my grandparents. Kelli arrived almost 4 hours later! (her drive should have only been an hour and a half) However, once she did arrive, we had her open her presents and my grandma made us some dinner. We then sat around and chatted and play the game "Apples to Apples". It started to get late and I didn't want to drive home in the dark so I called Donald and told him I was going to spend the night. My sister ended up driving home at around midnight... she said she didn't want any traffic!
Then next morning was the day of New Years Eve. My grandmother informed me that the rest of my aunts and uncles and their families were headed down for that evenings festivities and she was making a ham for dinner. I called Donald and he said that he was going to catch a ride up with one of my uncles. Once everyone arrived, we had dinner and then play some games and just chatted. Donald and I had planned on staying the night, but we really wanted to be home. So we made the drive home and arrived at our home at midnight! New Years Day had arrived and Donald went golfing while Logan and I slept in... Logan slept 'til almost 11am! Then Logan and I watched the Rose Parade and had lunch. Donald arrived home and we watched USC play Penn St. at the Rose Bowl. GO TROJANS!!! It was a great weekend.



Happy New Year!

No comments: