Monday, April 6, 2009

The Thomason Clan comes to visit California for Spring Break 2009!!!!

My mother, brothers, (Alex and Blake) and sister (Kara) flew down from Washington to have spring break in California! Here's how the weeks events happened....

Thursday, Logan and I drove to Victorville to my grandparents house. (Which is where my family was staying.) My grandmother made "French Pancakes" and we sat around and chatted. That night, my brother, Jordan drove up from Huntington Beach for dinner. We laughed and talked for hours. Then all the boys left to Huntington Beach for a basketball game and to spend the night at Jordan house. Not soon after they left did my sister Kelli arrive. We stayed up and played games and laughed some more!!!
Kara, Jordan, Kristin, Alex, Blake

The gang before the boys left for the night.

Friday, we drove to pick up my brothers from Hungtington Beach. From there we decided to head back towards home and stopped at the Ontario Mills Mall for dinner and window shopping. We ate at The Rainforrest Cafe. Logan loved the fish aquarium, but did not like the water fall that we were sitting next to.

Logan was really afraid of the water fall behind us.... then I drew his attention to the monkey across from us and he seemed fine for the rest of the meal.

The Whole Gang Eating at Rainforrest Cafe.

Saturday, we decided to make the long drive to San Diego, California to visit my aunt and uncle and their 8 kids. We had lunch and then hung out at the beach. It was a great visit!
Logan with his Great-Grandma, Karen Gurr. This was the first time he had been to the beach!


Logan with his second-cousin, Rachel. They are only 21 days apart!

COUSINS!!!!

Sunday, we drove to Thousand Oaks/ Newbury Park to visit some old friends and have lunch. We met up with my mom's friend Ann Bowles and her daughter Courtney. Then we headed to Daphnie's for some yummy Greek food. Later we headed back to Ann's house for dessert and then drove home before it was too late.
(The previous days we had been returning home after 10pm... it was rough!)
Logan LOVED my grandmother's piano... he always wanted to play it.


Monday, was Donalds birthday so we came back down to Palmdale. I dropped off my brother and sister at their friends house to hang out and play. Then we Donald came home from work, my family headed over to my uncle Fred's house for dinner and to hang out. Donald, Logan and I went with Don and Carrie to Chilli's for his birthday dinner.

Tuesday, I picked up my brother Blake who spent the night at his friends house in Palmdale and we met up with the rest of the gang back in Huntington Beach for some fun in the sun. We actually picked up my brother Alex's girlfriend, Lindsay, from Disneyland. (Her family was down for spring break as well.) My sister Kelli came down as well with her husband, Earnest. Later, we headed over to Claim Jumpers for a late lunch/ early dinner. It was great to have all the Thomason Kids in one place!!! I love my siblings!!!
Kelli and Earnest
The Thomason Kids
(Youngest-Oldest... Thankfully not Tallest to Shortest!!!)
Kara, Blake, Alex, Kelli, Jordan, Kristin
The Thomason Girls

Wednesday, I went with my grandparents to LAX to drop off the family. It was sad to see them go, but hopefully we will be able to see them again soon!!! And hopefully next time, my dad will be there!


1 comment:

Jake & Rachel said...

Longest post ever! But it looks like an awesome time. It's so fun when family gets to come visit. I can't believe all the driving you did, I bet after it was all over you didn't leave your house for days!