Monday, March 1, 2010

Mommy's Play Date!

On Friday, I traveled to Ventura County to visit my girlfriend from high school, Emily Norton. It was great to see her. She has been off of work for the past 2 weeks for surgery, so Friday was the last day before she had to head back to work. Luckily, Donald is off on Fridays at noon, so I left the house around 12:30 and made the hour and a half drive to meet up with Emily at her home in Camarillo. We sat around talking for a little bit, then headed to Oxnard for check-up doctors appointment. I waited for her in the waiting room in silence... it was the weirdest feeling and yet very relaxing! I didn't have to tell Logan to sit down, or put something back, or shhh-ing. :) After her appointment, we headed to the pharmacy to pickup her meds then made our way for a much needed lunch. Olive Garden (or the "OG") was just calling our names! As we munched on salad and breadsticks (and fetticuni alfredo for me), we chatted it up! We were laughing so much that I think I worked out my abs! Since Emily is getting married in May, we headed to David's Bridal in Oxnard for her to just look at wedding dresses. My dress is already picked out, but she wanted to look at a dress she had been eyeing online. I cohersed her into trying it on, and it looked AMAZING! It was so pretty, to say the least. The funniest part was when we first entered, we started looking at the racks and racks of dresses when something flew over our heads... Emily said, "oh no! there's a bird trapped inside", and I replied, "Emily, that wasn't a bird... it was a BAT!". That thing was flying around crazy trying to find a way out... it came so close to us several times. It finally got tired and landed in one of the fitting rooms. Luckily, not very many people were in there so the fitting rooms were empty. After Emily purchased her dress, we headed to her parents home in Newbury Park. We sat around and chatted for a few hours, then I got the call from home asking when I would be home. (Logan was in the background whining, "mommmm, home!" It was cute and made want to come home.) We drove back to Emily's in Camarillo to pick up my car and I made the drive back home. There was a ton of fog going up the grade, which slowed me down a bit, but I made it home safely! I love being able to get out of "Mommyland" for a few hours. I had so much fun and I can't wait for my next "mommy play date"!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Glad you had a good time...Hope you don't turn into a Vampire!!!!