Sunday, May 16, 2010

6 years... Where has the time gone?

Well, yesterday was mine and Donald's 6th year wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we dropped Logan off and Grandma & Papa's house {Donald's parents} and headed to dinner and a movie. We ate at Claim Jumpers and it was delicious! I really stuffed myself. Afterwards, we went to see the movie Robin Hood. It was a good movie. Long, but good. It was very nice to enjoy eachothers company with out the interruption of someone climbing onto the table or spilling something. On May 15th, 2004 we were married in the Los Angeles Temple for time and eternity. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. {Now the reception is a different story, that just flew by too fast. I love a party!}I am so surprised how quickly the time has gone by. What is even funnier to me is that when people ask how long we've been married, they automatically assume that we are somewhat newly weds. {I think it is because Logan is so young... yes, we waited to have kids.} When we tell them we've been together for 7 and married for 6, they seemed a little stunned.☺ I love Donald more and more everyday. I am so happy that he is the father to my child {& future children} and that he is my loving and understanding husband. I look forward to many, many, many more years with you. I love you!
One of our first dates~young single adult dance at UCLA {2003}
Our Wedding
***How we met: I had been attending a young single adult conference here in Lancaster. {I had just moved back to California from Idaho Falls, ID.} One of Donalds friends invited me to go with him to a dance in Simi Valley, so I agreed to go. I went home, changed and met with a group of other people at the Stake Center to head down as a group to the dance. For some reason, I was walking into the building {searching for someone, I don't remember} and saw Donald coming out of the building. {He remembers what he said differently than how I remember it so I will not write anything. ☺} We pretty much talked the entire time at the dance and then he asked me out. We've been together ever since... ♥

3 comments:

La Vita Bella said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute! I'm glad you could go out and have fun without Ogan. :) Isn't it funny how there seem to always be two versions when it comes to dating? Same thing with Dan and I. :)

Cecily said...

Happy Anniversary, Kristin! I've been thinking about seeing Robin Hood. I'm glad to hear it was well done. Hope all is well with you. :) Here's to many more anniversaries!

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Time flies by fast when you're having fun!